The subterra system is particularly suitable for tourism establishments in the dry mediterranean area and in tropical climates, since it can handle seasonally fluctuating quantities and the reeds can withstand dry periods lasting weeks.
The deployment of subterra is ideal here as the cleaned effluent can be used for irrigation and may save drinking water – and money. The running costs and the effort for maintenance are surprisingly low.
Besides economical and ecological advantages, subterra can be integrated perfectly into in the architecture of the garden or into the natural landscape.
• Buchholzmühle, Saxony-Anhalt / Germany
- Hotel with restaurant
- high fluctuation of the waste water
- 70 p.e.
- 210 sqm reed bed
- built in 1997
• Alpha Beach Hotel, Rhodes / Greece
- Hotel with 400 beds and restaurant
- seasonal operation, closed in winter
- 500 p.e.
- 1000 sqm expanse spread over 7 reed beds very close to the rooms
- built in 2000
• Landhaus Elbufer, Güstorf / Germany
- handicapped friendly hotel with restaurant
- high fluctuations of waste water summer/winter
- 70 p.e.
- 210 sqm
- built in 1998
• PPPrincess Beach Resort, Phi Phi Island / Thailand
- Hotel with 500 beds , 2 restaurants, laundry
- seasonal fluctuation of waste water
- tropical climate with a marked rainy season
- 767 p.e.
- 2000 sqm expanse spread over 8 reed beds
- built in 2001
- operates with GSM automatic control system
Buchholzmühle, Saxony-Anhalt / Germany
Alpha Beach Hotel, Rhodes / Greece
Landhaus Elbufer, Güstorf / Germany
PPPrincess Beach Resort, Phi Phi Island / Thailand